Friday, May 20, 2005

Random thoughts and memories.

When I lived at home, it was my job to clean the dog run. Every morning, I’d put on my shit shoes and go into and eighty square foot cage and clean up whatever the dogs left. When I got my first job at PISTOL PETE’S PIZZA, the manager asked if I had a problem cleaning vomit. I told him, “At home I clean up dog poop, so anything out of a human must be a step up.” He laughed and I got the job.

There’s a girl that lives upstairs from me. She has a job, a boy friend and sunny disposition. She just came back from jogging and I was on the porch smoking. She waved and I waved back. I wonder what she’s doing tonight.

The other day, I was driving to go get a carton of smokes. The guy next to me was jamming out to the Violent Femmes. It was the Hallowed Ground album. I felt a sudden kinship toward him, until he drove away and I say a fraternity sticker on the back of his car. Then I felt like I’d been lied to.

I sometimes drink at this house across from a school. I was sitting around with some guy that I’ve known for years, but never caught his name. We decided to slowly organize the house and drive the residents sane.

I have this empty frame hanging on my bedroom wall. A friend saw it and asked if it was some “post-modern statement on art.” I said, “No I just really like the frame.” He looked at it for about five minutes and said, “What is that, teak?”

For one of my classes, I had to follow a TV reporter. We started talking about school and I found out she graduated high school in ‘97. I graduated in ‘96.

This one night at work, a couple bought me some cheese cake. I was their waiter so I just sat down with them and ate it at their table. Later that night my manager asked if they were my parents. No. Your aunt and Uncle? No. How do you know them? I just waited on them. That’s it? Yeah. I got written up for eating on the clock.

I told a friend of mine that my ten year reunion is next summer. “Are you going to start working out?” “No, I figured I’d just eat more chicken and only drink on the weekends.” “That should be good enough.”

The windshield of my car has a huge crack in it, but I’m waiting for some place to offer 50 free meals at Chili’s before I get it fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home