Monday, February 14, 2005

You bastards. You really did it.

I just drove a couple hundred miles from Canada to Oregon, drank one glass of wine and watched an episode of The O.C., so I'm teetering on the brink of going into a magical roofie-like sleep. But with one eye open I'm reaching up to the keyboard to punch these last few words of the night, for fear that if I don't convey this feeling I'll wake up in the morning and the world will have changed forever and I'll have not recorded my fleeting thoughts as it's just about to happen. I'm like Anne Frank right before she was caught by the Nazis. I just watched an advertisement for Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Cherry, Vanilla, Saccharin, and the base flavor for Dr. Pepper - prune (that's right, look it up). I am Charleton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes.

4 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you be mad at this. We've seen a new day, and it is fabulous.

In the future, people of our generation will ask each other, "Where were you when you heard about DIET CHARRY VANILLA DR. PEPPER?"

I was at a buddy's house. We just looked at the Tv and wept openly. Glorious be this day.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you be mad at this. We've seen a new day, and it is fabulous.

In the future, people of our generation will ask each other, "Where were you when you heard about DIET CHERRY VANILLA DR. PEPPER?"

I was at a buddy's house. We just looked at the Tv and wept openly. Glorious be this day.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about the reprint. I'm not computer savvy.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Mr. Chair said...

I have a confession to make. Dr. Pepper is not, in fact, made from prunes. It's an urban legend. But that makes it no less horrifying, as the actual recipe for Dr. Pepper is more than 100 ingredients and remains a secret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home