Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Finnagain Films

The Bike Trip has been on pause for about three weeks. I had a lot of things to think about and needed a time to rethink my purpose in writing the second half of the trip after the intense experiences of writing about Amsterdam and arriving in Berlin. I needed to do some other kinds of writing. I wrote a couple songs for guitar and the first poem in more than a year. I have also been busy preparing a shoot for my long-awaited (by me) short film "Thursday is Soup". I wrote it 2.5 years ago and finally found a producer and we put together a nice cast and crew and shot the film on Saturday. We finished most of the editing by 6am that night. We have a solid first draft, but as it is still missing some sound, I don't want to show it here because if you'll just wait two or three more days, we should have a final draft with all the sound added and graphics placed in.

In the meanwhile, I just linked up a new film. It is an experimental short I made with Garth and her sister on a random afternoon just after New Year's. One of the main experimental points was shooting every shot one after another and making the film like that with no other editing. We made up the story as we went along. It's just a random weekday afternoon project, so don't criticize it too harsh. But still, I think there are a couple cool shots and the story ended up having some meaning to me in some sort of allegorical way. Garth is the one with short hair.

We are moving to Philadelphia in 9 days.

Here's the experimental movie.

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~als319/three.mov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home