Saturday, August 06, 2005


My best friend just had a kid. This is his girlfriend's first kid and the one they now share. His name Griffin Xavier Anderson. I find myself babysitting and changing diapers way more than a single guy should. I also made him a mix CD. The music is so wrong for a two week old kid, but then again, my father showed me all the Kubrik movies by the time I was 12. So may Iggy Pop and The Velvet Underground aren't so bad.

Is it time to grow up? I don't know. I don't think I could if I even tried.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay so some of them are fairly lame, but they had to be really mellow for the kid. And believe it or not, even the most mellow of songs gets loud for a second or two. but here is the list

Pale Blue Eyes, The velvet Underground
Secret Smile, Semisonic
Dry the Rain, The Beta Band
Hallelujah, Jeff Buckley
Walk on the Wild Side, Lou Reed
Cool Like That, Digable Planets
Crimson and Clover, Tommy James and the Shondels
Wonderwall, Ryan Adams
Daysleeper, REM
Fly me to the Moon, Sinatra
Horo Johnny, Blackwood
I am a passaenger, Iggy Pop
Suspicious Minds, Elvis
Asleep, The Smiths
The Greatest adventure, Glen Yarbrough

I had to add Elvis and Sinatra, because the kid's parents don't listen to them. Most of these songs have a line in them or a phrase that I think the parents will relate to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home