Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Sometimes I grow so tired...

Ramble on. I don’t know what’s been up with me and the lack of posting for the past few weeks but, here goes...

1. & 2. Yes. I met Jeff Tweedy, but it just wasn’t that exciting. I don’t really like meeting famous people. I have always found it pretty anti-climactic. Not that I’ve met tons of them, but enough to form the opinion. It wasn’t some kind of magical party full of beautiful groupies and the like. There was a fruit plate, several coolers full of soda and beer and too many people for the cramped quarters. We, accompanied by the sister of the artist in question, had the full attention of the man, much to the chagrin of the groupies that were there, pimply and panting with desperation. Not beautiful. Not even pretty. We talked about politics, one of my favorite subjects (I mostly just listened and nodded a lot) and then we left. The show was where the real action was. Calexico opened with a set that only Wilco could have followed. With their repertoires fully represented, Calexico covered Love, Wilco covered the Blue Oyster Cult and a magical evening was shared by all. That was the weekend before Thanksgiving.
I spent Thanksgiving in Las Vegas, and left feeling thankful. My brother is a bartender at Studio 54 so I drank expensive drinks for free until I saw the sunrise, plus I won $150 thanks to blackjack, Texas Hold’em and UA sports.
These events happened in consecutive weekends and I’ve been decompressing ever since. Too many drogas, not enough sleepy make Z brain tired. I should be fully recovered by Christmas and New Year when the cycle can continue.

3. Just started watching 24 on DVD and it’s really the only way to watch it.

4. I’ll be in Vancouver within the month. I wonder if I’ll meet any famous movie stars. (this is what those in the business of comedy call a bringback)

5. GO SUNS!!! I should put some money on them. (also a bringback. Whee!)

6. When I worked at Bison Witches, they had bags full of bacon. I ate whole pigs making sandwiches at that place. Never. I’ll never give it up! Never! However… Pot: Can I really give it up altogether? If the government would just decriminalize, I wouldn’t have to be so paranoid about the cops and I could listen to my alternative music in peace, being slightly less counter-culture than before because now I’m being taxed on my pot and it’s totally mainstream and everybody’s doing it.

Moving right along.
Next?

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Catfish Vegas said...

Don't forget Calexico's cover of "Love Will Tear Us Apart."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home