Friday, August 26, 2005

brake

I'm in a period that will be a bit slow to update the bike trip.

There's a two-day concert in Paris. Afterwards, I have to move apartments, then I fly to the States for two weeks. And if any of you is in New York, Philadelphia, Tucson, Phoenix, or Denver, I hope to see you on Finnagain's US Tour Fall '05. But I'll try to keep up the bike trip tales during that time.

This concert is great. Last night's major events were The Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age, and the Pixies. The Arcade Fire is my favorite new band and I think their album is totally unmatched this year. Best Album of 2005. I can't even imagine another album coming close. I hope you're all familiar with them and if you're not, you're missing great new music. Their live show was unbelievable as well. I didn't realize how big the group is. There are 8 people in the band and they play all different instruments and change instruments during the show. Their energy and their style is so unbelievable. I won't say more so as not to overwhelm your anticipation, but if they ever come to your town, you should check them out. I spent 6% of my entire net worth to see them, so you have no excuse.

Queens of the Stone Age were good, but I'm only familiar with several of their songs. Dave Grohl did not play with them even though he's going to be onstage tonight with the Foo Fighters. The Pixies were really great. But I was really tired and stoned by the time they finished the show that it was all I could do to stand on my feet and stay conscious.

Tonight is Foo Fighters, Robert Plant (from Led Zeppelin), and Franz Ferdinand. Garth listened to the Robert Plant album this week and loved it and bought it and has been listening to it a lot and apparently it is really great. I read a review that said so, too. I think Franz Ferdinand will be really good on stage, too.

And, I must mention the smaller bands we saw yesterday. The Subways and Hot Hot Heat were really energetic and rock and roll. The stand-out group, though, was Athlete. Really fantastic music. They made a really unique atmosphere. I liked their music.

I'm a really bad music reviewer. You know what they say. Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.

Which has led a friend of mine to create a dance about architecture.



PS. Before I forget. Bob Dylan's coming to Paris on November 3. Anybody want to see him with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home