Friday, August 06, 2004

Reeling through the years

My last few days have been a curious mix of “I haven’t heard this in ages” and “hey, listen to this.”
Moving to a new place, as usual, has found roommates swapping tunes back and forth and digging out of the vaults cds that have for whatever reason been swept under the mind’s rug. Funny how certain this phenomenon is, even with the General, as close a friend as I’ve ever had and a former roommate even.
Today before work was Buddy Holly and Cake... how long has it been for either of those? And Dick Dale? Since when have I done anything more than toss on a song here or there for novelty?
The General threw on some old Nine Inch Nails... then Chuck Berry.
With cd books strewn everywhere, it’s time once again to play the new/old music game...
No, I don’t have any Patsy Cline, but here’s Mr. Chair’s hip-hop mix. Hank Williams and Stan Getz back to back? Why not?
Getting home from work Wednesday I saw Talib Kwali and Bright Eyes had been put in rotation, then saw the General’s Hendrix BBC sessions peeking out of a booklet.
Haphazard and chaotic don’t even begin to describe it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home